How can we Help You?

  • Divorce

    The approach taken in a divorce case varies as much as the people themselves do. We handle uncontested divorce, simple divorces, and complex divorces. When we have a consultation we cover issues including grounds for divorce, child custody, paternity, child support, division of marital property, classification of non-marital property, maintenance and more.

    If you have been served with “divorce papers” (a petition for dissolution of marriage), just want to know your rights, or are ready to file for divorce we can help you! Contact us today for a consultation!

  • Paternity & Custody

    For parents of children born outside of marriage a paternity case is the first step towards either establishing visitation rights for fathers or to getting child support for mothers.

    People often think that signing the “papers at the hospital” (Voluntary Acknowledgment of Paternity) gives a father rights to the child and obligates him to pay child support. As with many things in the law, people are wrong.

    In some cases, important timelines may be involved such as situations where a mother may claim the child has a different father or, the mother is trying to adopt the child. In those cases, having a timely Putative Father Registration is extremely important.

    Whether you want to establish paternity, custody, and child support or defend against it we can help you. Contact us today to set up a consultation!

  • Child Support Modification and Enforcement

    Is child support too low? Too high? Not being paid? We can help. The law provides for the modification and enforcement of child support orders. Contact us today for a consultation.

  • Custody and Visitation Modification or Enforcement

    Have you been denied your custodial or visitation rights? Does custody or visitation need to change? The law provides remedies for people in these situations. Contact us today to see how we can help!

  • College Expenses

    The fact that a child’s parents are no longer together can make it harder to pay for college.  The parents have two households and often have two different sets of priorities.  The law allows a parent or child in this circumstance to petition for “non-minor expenses”.

    Courts evaluate petitions based on the following factors (1) the financial resources of both parents; (2) The standard of living the child would have enjoyed had the marriage not been dissolved; (3) the financial resources of the child; and, (4) the academic performance of the child.

    Frequently, a hearing will need to be held on these issues so that a Judge can weigh all of the factors.  Contact us today for a consultation to see how we can help!

  • Grandparent’s Visitation

    Have you been denied visitation with a grandchild or other relative? Are you a parent that wants to protect your child from a relative?

    Illinois allows relatives to petition for visitation under certain circumstances. Factors that are considered by the court in awarding or denying visits include the marital status of the child’s parents, whether the denial of visitation is reasonable under the circumstances, and whether visitation is in the best interest of the child.

    We have worked “both sides” of these cases. Contact us today to schedule a consultation to see how we can help you!

  • Qualified Domestic Relations Order

    Pension law normally prohibits interference with a workers right to receive their entire pension.  One exception to this involves the distribution of marital property in a divorce.  In some cases, a pension earned during a marriage may be divisible.  In these cases, a Qualified Domestic Relations Order or, QDRO -pronounced QUAD-RO- must be completed.

    Without a QDRO, no division of pension benefits occurs.  If you have a case that involves the division of pension benefits then you need an attorney who is knowledgeable about QDRO’s and QDRO calculations. Often, attorneys will complete a divorce case without knowing exactly how the QDRO works. Then, they ask the other attorney to complete it for both parties.

    If your case involves a pension, contact us today to schedule a consultation so that we can give you well rounded advice.

  • Pre-nuptial & Post-nuptial Agreements

    Contrary to popular belief a Pre-nuptial agreement or post-nuptial agreement can be extremely helpful in bringing a couple together. They help create trust between a couple and among family and friends within a planned out legal framework. This requires work, communication, and honesty about goals and objectives.

    We have experience in bringing couples together using pre-nuptial agreements. Contact us today for a consultation to see how we can help!

  • Order of Protection & Stalking No-Contact Order

    Have you or a child been the victim of domestic violence, harassment, or stalking? Have you been unfairly targeted with an emergency order of protection? We can help file a petition or, defend against unfair emergency orders and orders of protection.  Contact our office today to see how we can help.

When someone makes an allegation that your child has been abused or neglected in the State of Illinois, the State has the power to immediately take your children if, the State believes the allegations endanger your child or children. Not only do they have that power but they are mandated to do so and by law…

Life doesn’t stand still and neither does the law. January 2015 brought a significant change to the way that Maintenance (formerly known as Alimony) is calculated. January 2016 will bring big changes to grounds for divorce and re-location of the primary residential parent (formerly called custodial parent). Read on to learn how these changes are…

If you are a working parent you are probably wondering what you will do with your children during the summer. This begs the question: “In Illinois, how old does a child have to be before you can leave them at home alone?” The general rule is that parents can provide the amount and type of…

Like anything else in their lives when potential clients are considering filing for a divorce they often want to understand what they are getting themselves in to.  One important aspect of divorce is the division of marital property – and debts. Normally an attorney will use a court process known as “discovery” to make sure…

Child support is a payment obligation created by Illinois Statutory law and enforced by the court and the Illinois Attorney General’s office.  It is normally paid by a non-custodial parent – a parent who the child does not live with or, who spends less time with the child than the other parent – to the…

Request a Consult

  Check here if you accept the terms.